Thursday, 27 October 2016

Snippets from Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires #13) and Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires #12.5) by Chloe Neill



 "Back then, I preferred my vampires sparkly and my monsters fictional.” -- Mallory Carmichael

"His nimble fingers roamed with slow deliberation, as if he might memorize the shape of my body through touch alone." 

Ethan opened his mouth, closed it again. “Is that a compliment?”
I’m not entirely sure,” I said with a smile, patted his leg. “But I do respect your ability to throw shade on an asshole.”
-- PHANTOM KISS (CV Novella)


"I’d barely gotten the words out of my mouth when he pounced, covering my body with his and pressing me back into the bed."

"You’ve found your mate, Ballerina. That is both a tremendous gift—and a responsibility."

"When I looked back at Ethan, his gaze was fixed on me, eyes full of love and pride and wicked promise." 

“You’ll be good,” Ethan said, nipping at my ear. “Or I’ll be bad.” I’m pretty sure that was a win-win.
-- BLADE BOUND, CV13