Tuesday, 5 April 2016

Snippet from "Magic Binds" (Kate Daniels #9) by Ilona Andrews



Eight hours of sleep felt like pure heaven. I woke up and lay on the bed for a long time, just happy to not move. Curran sprawled next to me. He’d come home after I went to bed. I must’ve been rattled more than I thought, because when he walked into the bedroom, I woke up, grabbed Sarrat, and made it whole two steps to him, before I realized what was happening, which earned me a round of applause and calls for an encore. Then he saw the scar and acted as if half of my face had been hacked off. He almost dragged me off to the Guild’s medmage, but I threatened to stab him and I must’ve been vigorous enough to reassure him I was in good health. Of all the people I could’ve decided to marry, I had to choose him.