Wednesday, 27 January 2016

A little snippet from "Magic Binds" (Kate Daniels #9) by Ilona Andrews

"Roland recoiled. His eyes blazed. His magic shot out in a furious torrent, boiling like a thundercloud around him.
Screw it. I let go. My power burst out of me, matching his. The castle wall shuddered under us.
I glared at him. “You have no right. Have you ever wondered why you always have to burn and kill your way to power? Why nobody ever comes and says, ‘Please, mighty Nim’rud, lead us? ‘ It’s because your reign brings only pain and suffering. Nobody wants you in charge.”
“YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THIS.”
His magic splayed out, shooting up. Wind tore at me, raging out of nowhere. The stones under us rattled. Several stone blocks slid out, tumbling over the edge. In the courtyard, people cringed."